Hi,
The defer problem is not only about PRE element. In my case, I have a PRE element which checks if there exists any locks in my server or not. If I have any locks in serverside I want to give user a message that "Server is unavailable." error message for some requests. For this purpose I designed an element which only checks existancy of the lock and if any lock exists print the error template and defer . By this way, I tried to interrupt execution of the following element. I know there are some other ways to do this like by using flowlinks etc, but I thought that the simplest way is using a pre element.

The second problem about defer is that I extended rife authentication and authorization mechanism for several puposes (such as multiple role support, sub application authorization mechanism, and etc.). As you know Rife doesnot differentiate whether user request rejected because of authentication failure or authorization failure. It gives the same error message that invalid credentials for both cases. Therefore, user is unable to check whether its password or username is wrong or he cannot access this part of page. I changed the authentication and authorization logic for this purpose. I print authorization error template and after that used defer to cancel execution. In this case again I faced with illegalstateexception.

Mustafa

Do you Yahoo!?