Hmmm, just checking, are you trying to get a select drop down for this manyToOne relationship in RIFE/Crud?

On 07 Dec 2006, at 23:06, Steve Holmes wrote:

Sure Geert, here they are and I'm including CityMetaData so it is all in one
place. And thanks for the fast reply!

public class CityMetaData extends MetaData<ConstrainedBean,
ConstrainedProperty> {
    public void activateMetaData() {
        addConstraint(new ConstrainedBean()
                .defaultOrder("name")
                .textualIdentifier(new
AbstractTextualIdentifierGenerator<City>() {
            public String generateIdentifier() {
                return mBean.getId() + " : " + mBean.getName();
            }
        }));

        addConstraint(new ConstrainedProperty("id")
                .editable(false).identifier(true));

        addConstraint(new ConstrainedProperty("name")
                .editable(true)
                .notNull(true)
                .listed(true)
                .maxLength(255));

        addConstraint(new ConstrainedProperty("statId")
                .notNull(true).listed(true)
                .manyToOne(Stat.class, "id"));
    }
}

public class StatMetaData extends MetaData<ConstrainedBean,
ConstrainedProperty> {
    public void activateMetaData() {
        addConstraint(new ConstrainedBean()
                .defaultOrder("name")
                .defaultOrder("abreviation")
                .textualIdentifier(new
AbstractTextualIdentifierGenerator<Stat>() {
            public String generateIdentifier() {
                return mBean.getId() + " : " + mBean.getName();
            }
        }));

        addConstraint(new ConstrainedProperty("id")
                .editable(false).identifier(true));

        addConstraint(new ConstrainedProperty("name")
                .notNull(true).notEmpty(true)
                .maxLength(255).listed(true));

        this.addConstraint(new ConstrainedProperty("abbreviation")
                .editable(true)
                .notNull(true)
                .unique(true)
                .maxLength(2));
    }
}

public class City {
    private Integer id;
    private Integer statId;
    private String name;

    public Integer getStatId() {
        return statId;
    }

    public void setStatId(Integer statId) {
        this.statId = statId;
    }

    public Integer getId() {
        return id;
    }

    public void setId(Integer id) {
        this.id = id;
    }

    public String getName() {
        return name;
    }

    public void setName(String name) {
        this.name = name;
    }
}

public class Stat {
    private Integer id;
    private String name;
    private String abbreviation;

    public Integer getId() {
        return id;
    }

    public void setId(Integer id) {
        this.id = id;
    }

    public String getName() {
        return name;
    }

    public void setName(String name) {
        this.name = name;
    }

    public String getAbbreviation() {
        return abbreviation;
    }

    public void setAbbreviation(String abbreviation) {
        this.abbreviation = abbreviation;
    }
}

Geert Bevin wrote:

Hi Steve,

can you please paste the City bean, the Stat bean and the
StatMetaData class also?

Best regards,

Geert