Hi,

In this example :

<element implementation="com.test.Start"
   <input name="var1" />
   <output name="var1" />

What can be the type of var1?

Only primitive? (int, float, String ...)

What happens if it corresponds to property setters and getters like these

        public MyType getVar1() {
                return var1
        }

        public void setGame(MyType var1) {
                this.var1 = var1;
        }

MyType being a custom class in my project (bean) ?

I tried it and the property is always set with a null argument.

I saw that there is another element

<outbean ...

Must we always use it when we want to transmit anything but primitive
values?

If this is correct I am wondering why there is two syntaxes (output and
outbean). We could discover the type of the property by introspection or
supply it with the classname attribute like in <outbean>?

Now, if I use <outbean>/<inbean> I should not use matching getters and
setters like above? but rather getNameInputBean/setNameOutputBean?

But in this case I have to call them myself in processElement for example. I
don't have anymore the "callback" kind of facility that simple
getters/setters offer for primitive values?

I don't know if this is very clear.

Please note it is not criticism. I am sure there are very good reasons
behind that. When I will understand them better, I will be a better Rife
programmer :-)

Tks

jean-marie