Geert,

I essentially have task lists that I allow users to add from and remove from
at will.  Inside each task list I have as you would expect a set of ordered
tasks. The user can modify (move, add, remove) tasks and I need to keep the
task number properly displayed (when the tasks are run this number is used
to tell the user which task failed).

I think the user would be less confused if the task number started from 1
and not 0.  I realize I could just display the task number + 1 to the user
but I would prefer to keep the numbers consistent between the front and back
ends.

Thanks,
Thad

On 1/31/07 2:06 PM, "Geert Bevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Thad,
>
> it's not possible to start with 1 with the current implementation of
> the OrdinalManager, I don't understand why this is a problem though.
> Can you explain why you would need that?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Geert
>
> On 31 Jan 2007, at 16:57, Thad Cox wrote:
>
>> I was hoping to have an entry number to use as an Ordinal with the
>> Ordinal
>> Manager.  I set it up and everything works ok except the ordinal
>> manager is
>> using 0 as the first value when I would like it to be set to 1.  Is
>> there
>> anyway to restrict the starting value for the ordinal manager?
> --
> Geert Bevin
> Uwyn "Use what you need" - http://uwyn.com
> RIFE Java application framework - http://rifers.org
> Music and words - http://gbevin.com

-----
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message
may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.
 If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, please
be advised that any distribution, dissemination, copying or other
transmission or use of the information contained in this message
or its enclosed attachments is strictly prohibited.  Please
notify us immediately if you have received this message in error
by replying to the sender of the message and deleting it from
your computer.  Thank you.