FYI, added to Jira:
http://uwyn.com/issues/browse/RIFE-333

On 14 Apr 2007, at 20:17, Eskil Lauritsen wrote:

Thanks, Geert. We appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot this.
We will try to include tools.jar in our project.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

Sincerely
Eskil Lauritsen

On 4/14/07, Geert Bevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Eskil,

it seems that there's a problem on windows when javac is launched as
an external command in certain situation. The process actually never
returns. The easiest 'solution' for this is to include tools.jar in
your projects classpath (this can be found for example here C:
\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\lib\tools.jar).

This seems to be a bug in the JDK, I'll have to track it down and see
if I can work around it. This will probably take a while since it
really is Process.waitFor() that never return. Not sure what I can do
about it. Maybe start it in another thread and forcefully kill it if
it takes too long, I'll have to try a few things out.

Hope this helps you along,

Geert

--
Geert Bevin