On 05/19/2016 12:28, Stepan Salenikovich wrote:
Maybe a silly question, but do you have any contacts? Note that we use the
system's contacts (the Evolution Data Server APIs are used in the case of the
Ring GNOME). EDS provides access to local addressbooks as well as ones setup
via (gnome) online accounts. So either you have no contacts in your
addressbook, or else there is an issue accessing the addressbook. There is an
exisiting bug, where if Ring GNOME fails to connect to the addressbook, it does
not retry... you simply have to re-launch the client until it works. The other
potential problem is if access to the addressbook requires keyring access and
your system doesn't have it for some reason (eg: your keyring daemon isn't
running). In either case, you should normally see some debug/warning messages
in the Ring GNOME output related to the addressbook.

I do have contacts. When I add a new account to the contacts it shows the correct list of contacts (so I assume that contacts are in the database). But the dedicated "Contacts" box is always blank.

Also, I do not run the gnome desktop, only have gnome libraries enough to support ring. My desktop is kde.

Yuri