Hi,

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 12:09:03PM +0500, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> You mean not productive trying to place the blame, or not productive to have
> shady anonymous "power users" being arbitrarily and behind-the-scenes granted
> the whole atlas infrastructure as their personal toy to play with? ^^

I have always understood that if you need "more resources than your
credits allowed", you could talk to the atlas team, explain your needs,
and find a solution - so it seems this is what was done, as documented...?

That it blew up the thing did obviously not work as planned, but the
general option to have exceptions for tests that "really need all of
the probes!" sounds useful to me.

Document the process and criteria better?  Maybe.

Make a strict check-list of things, with 3 copies on paper required to
circulate to all Atlas probe hosts?  Certainly not.

Balance between "things can be done" and "bureaucracy" must be found.

gert

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279