Pavel,

it appears that my information is out-dated. You are right one needs to
import them these days. I realise that this is awkward and expensive,
but it appears to be possible.

Maybe rather than wasting time on VMs we should consider a new type of
anchor which is more readily available everywhere than the Soekris.
Personally I would go in the direction of Ubiquity Edge Routers or
Mikrotik routers which I know for sure are available in Russia and also
widely available around the world. Do you have suggestions?

Daniel

On 10.11.15 10:49 , Pavel Odintsov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Awesome! Could you share where we could bought it? I will share this
> information with local community.
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Daniel Karrenberg
> <daniel.karrenb...@ripe.net> wrote:
>> At this time are 485 connected probes and two connected anchors in
>> Russia. As far as I know Soekris boxes can be bought in Russia.
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> On 10.11.15 10:07 , Pavel Odintsov wrote:
>>> Hello, Community!
>>>
>>> I like idea about VM based Anchor's.
>>>
>>> For example in Russia we have so much companies who really want to
>>> host RIPE Anchor hosting but it's really hard due to so much
>>> bureaucracy for computer hardware import. It's really sophisticated
>>> and long task.
>>>
>>> VM based Anchors could help in this case. But they should be
>>> designated as "second-rate monitoring". So somebody who interested in
>>> monitoring over non-so-reliable-vm's could use they. Actually, this
>>> VM's should "mine" less points than full-size-Anchor.
>>>
>>> We could select some unified way to run VM's. I prefer VmWare because it's:
>>> 1) Free
>>> 2) Simple to deploy
>>> 3) Mature