Hi Jasper,

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 09:18:49AM +0200, Jasper den Hertog wrote:
> > On 15 Apr 2016, at 18:11, Baptiste Jonglez <bjong...@illyse.org> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to find measurements matching some specific conditions, so I
> > tried to use the measurement API documented here:
> >
> >  https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/rest/
> >
> > However, filters don't seem to have the intended effect.  For instance, I
> > tried to restrict to a specific range of starting time:
> >

> > https://atlas.ripe.net/api/v1/measurement/?start_time__gte=1443654000&start_time_lte=1446336000
> There is small type in your start_time__lte query-parameter. It should have
> double underscores between `start_time` and `lte`. It will work then
>
> > but looking at the first result (measurement ID 1411440), its start time
> > is 1564618500, which is way outside of the requested range.
> >
> > Similarly when filtering by type:
> >
> >  https://atlas.ripe.net/api/v1/measurement/?type=2
> type should be the name of the type as a string `?type=tracertoue`

You're right, with the corrected parameters, it works fine...  I guess
it's bad luck that I made a mistake in each of my two attempts.

> Also, I would like to advise you to use the v2 API from now on, we’re going
> to deprecate v1.
>
> There is a manual for V2 at https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/api/v2/tutorial/
> <https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/api/v2/tutorial/> and there is reference
> documentation at https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/api/v2/reference/
> <https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/api/v2/reference/>. This is till in beta, url’s
> for the documentation will change but it will be available then be linked
> from https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/ <https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/>

Ok, thank you for the links.

By the way, even the new API does not complain when passing invalid
parameters (for instance "type=2" above).  Shouldn't it return an error
when a parameter is incorrect?

Thanks,
Baptiste