On 01/03/2017 15:18, Hugo Salgado wrote:
> Hi RIPE Atlas people.
> I wonder if it could be possible to add an option on the "measurements"
> webpage of a previous stopped or running measurement, to be able to see
> the API call that created it. Just like the "Measurement API Compatible
> Specification" section, when you create one. It could be available just
> to the user who created it... and even with API keys obscured.
>
> That will be very handy to be able to replay and exact measurement, or
> to have the list of probes in a ready-to-use format.

Hi Hugo,

Replicating existing measurements is something which has been on our
radar for a while, and we are considering options similar to that which
you propose.

In the meanwhile, you can get a lot of the way towards replicating a
measurement by basing your POST data on the JSON measurement spec from
the API (/api/v2/measurements/{existing_msm_id}/) and using the "msm"
type of probe selection
(https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/api/v2/manual/measurements/types/in_detail.html)
to run the measurement on the same set of probes (if desired).

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Chris Amin