Hello all, I've just become an ambassador for the RIPE Atlas programme.

I have a question.

I wish to deploy a number of probes to remote low-capacity satellite
connected islands.

These islands have strict and VERY expensive monthly usage quotas.

Looking at some probes already installed, I see that the minimum bandwidth
(is that the term used?) is approximately 3.3kbit/s

This equates to around 1GB of data per month which represent a significant
percentage of a consumer's monthly quota.

I'll have a hard job convincing volunteers to act as hosts if they consume
that much.

Is there a way I can set 'bandwidth' to less than 10kbs or is there a
workaround I can use to reduce this under my control?

It has been suggested that I could out a timer on the host but that is
nonworkable!

Any help would be appreciated as I know that reachability is quite
unreliable at times and the data I could provide would be most interesting.

Chris