On 2022-10-03 12:37, Simon Brandt via ripe-atlas wrote:
Hi Robert,

i noticed that v1 probes are stuck with Firmware Version 4790. Does that mean, they are missing crucial functionalities of the later firmwares?

BR,
Simon

Indeed v1-v2 probes have not received new functionality since then. Therefore they don't do more modern measurements or options we added since (essentially because they don't have enough capacity to handle more code). Their numbers are diminishing though, and for the most part our infrastructure selects other probes if a measurement depends on such new, "crucial" features.

Regards,
Robert