Hi,

I have a software probe which I installed by creating a Debian package
from source (as described in INSTALL.rst).  The documentation suggests
that one should regularly update software probe versions, and I'm
interested in upgrading mine -- I was reminded by my earlier question
about 240/4, as I may be running a client version from prior to when
the patch allowing 240/4 scans was merged.

The documentation doesn't specifically mention how to upgrade; can I
assume that making a new .deb from current sources, and then installing
that with dpkg on a machine where an older .deb is installed, will
maintain the credentials and identity of my existing probe?  It won't
wipe everything out and require me to re-register as a new software
probe, right?