Folks,

FYI, Nick Kernan, my Masters student, has deployed a web portal that
facilitates the comparison between various DNS resolvers, including
ISP-provided and some influential publicly available resolvers (Google’s public
DNS, OpenDNS, Quad9, and Cloudflare).  The comparison is based on two factors:
the latency of DNS resolutions and the latency of TCP handshake with the CDN
edge server selected through a given resolver.  The results are based on
recurrent monthly measurements from RIPE Atlas probes that have both IPv4 and
v6 connectivity, have an ISP-provided resolver available for comparison, and
which meet certain requirements regarding probe versions and reliability.  You
can specify the desired month of measurement, a region of interest, and the
CDNs to analyze.  You can access Nick’s portal through
https://dns-web-portal.netlify.app/ <https://dns-web-portal.netlify.app/>

The details of the methodology are in Nick’s thesis, which awaits some
copyright permissions before being made publicly available.  In the meantime,
Nick (cc’ed) and I would be happy to answer any questions.

Regards,
—Misha Rabinovich