On 25. 07. 23 7:31, Seth David Schoen wrote:
I don't know why there isn't a parsed version of the reply included in
the JSON, but perhaps the idea is that the literal details are of
interest to some researchers.  One example that I happened to notice
in trying to answer your question: in parsing a sample DNS measurement
this way, I notice the use of DNS case randomization (also called "0x20
randomization") in some replies but not in others.  Having the literal
DNS query reply could help with analyzing the prevalence of this
mechanism, whereas it might be obscured by a parser that was written by
someone who believed that DNS replies are not case insensitive (which
is true from one point of view, but not from another point of view!).

For people interested in DNS case (in)sensitivity, have a look at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc4343

--
Petr Špaček