I don't think it's likely to cause issues, but i did find Stephane's note
interesting.

I've been scrolling through the large number of applications, and I hadn't
really noticed that there was an overlap.

W


On Fri, Oct 9, 2026 at 9:16 AM, Carsten Schiefner <[email protected]>
wrote:

> On 08.10.2026 10:03, Stephane Bortzmeyer via ripe-atlas wrote:
>
> ICANN just published the list of applications for new TLDs and there is
> one, from Turkey, for .atlas:
>
> https://newgtldprogram-aps.icann.org/applications/WYMG2568-T96993-R/summary
>
> Mildly - in the sense of: academically - interesting for this community, I
> think, Stephane.
>
> Or would you - would anyone - foresee conflicts or any other issues
> arising from this application and the go-live of this TLD?
>
> Best - and have a nice weekend, all!
>
> -C.
> -----
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options,
> please visit: https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/ripe-atlas.ripe.net/
> As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with
> the email matching your subscription before you can change your settings.
> More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/
>
-----
To unsubscribe from this mailing list or change your subscription options, 
please visit: https://mailman.ripe.net/mailman3/lists/ripe-atlas.ripe.net/
As we have migrated to Mailman 3, you will need to create an account with the 
email matching your subscription before you can change your settings. 
More details at: https://www.ripe.net/membership/mail/mailman-3-migration/

Reply via email to