On 08/05/2017 11:02, Daniel Karrenberg wrote:

----
Proposal 1

Ideally a task force charter states a rather narrowly defined task and
also lists expected results, such as specific documents.  In order to
avoid spending more time and energy arguing over this I suggest, as a
compromise, to add the following language:

"The task force will publish and maintain a work plan.
For each document under development the work plan will show when drafts
will be published and how and when community consensus will be achieved
on the final result."

This allows the task force to organise its work and at the same time it
helps to conduct the work transparently and with track-able goals.
I'm in full agreement with this proposal. If this is a Task Force (and I believe it should be) then it must have a well defined goal.
----
Proposal 2

Ideally a task force charter contains when and how the task force will
finish.  In order to avoid spending more time and energy arguing over
this I suggest, by way of compromise, to add the following sentence:

"This charter will be reviewed by the community
no later than the second RIPE meeting in 2018."

This avoids setting up an endless task force and provides the
opportunity to modify or add tasks based on the work already completed.
Again... agreed. Task forces have well defined self destruct dates.

----
Proposal 3

In order to clarify that there is definitely no intent to propose new
procedures and formalisms right away, I propose to add the following
sentence after "Publish recommendations for the RIPE community."

"The task force will not propose or recommend
specific new procedures or formalisms."

This makes the charter explicitly reflect the intention of the task
force as stated by Filiz earlier in this discussion.
Such tasks very well be added later once we have considered all
alternatives and have established community consensus to develop
specific procedures or formalisms.

I have no problems with this proposal, although I feel that the TF has already addressed this issue. There can be no harm in having it explicitly stated in the charter.

Nigel