On 19/10/2017 10:27, Carsten Schiefner wrote:
Hi Nigel,

On 19.10.2017 10:36, Nigel Titley wrote:
The NCC Board does of course take account of policies, and also comments
on them as part of the evaluation process that the NCC does during
policy development. In all cases up until now we have instructed the NCC
to follow policy. However, as board members we have certain fiduciary
duties which cannot be overridden by policy. Faced with a situation such
as Jim describes we have two choices: not implement the policy or resign
and hope that someone else agrees to carry the can.
maybe that would be something then that could be put into the board's
rules of internal procedure: that the board sees to have all RIPE
policies be implemented by the NCC to the greatest extend possible, but
limited to the board's fiduciary duties?

If it makes people happier then I'm sure we could do this.

I'm generally against additional complication, especially where past practice doesn't give cause to worry, but as I say it doesn't really bother me.

Nigel