On 17 Oct 2019, at 15:08, Hank Nussbacher <h...@efes.iucc.ac.il> wrote:

> I would expect that RIPE should name and shame those harassing people at
> meetings.

Naming and shaming may not be the best or most effective way to deal with
idiots who behave inappropriately. I wonder too if we are capable of producing
a legally watertight definition of harrassment which could underpin a naming
and shaming approach. If I feel harrassed by someone (for some definition of
harrassed), is that enough to name and shame?

IMO shunning/banishing people seems to be more appropriate for a mediaeval cult
and I hope we don't go down that path. Can we consider other ways of dealing
with behaviour which is wrong?