Then, no doubts, never any of my proposals (including the one sent to the list
a couple of days ago), has lacked a clear problem statement.

The problem is another one: different folks may agree/disagree that it is
something that we need to resolve or not (independently of how we can resolve
that).

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

El 9/2/21 13:17, "ripe-list en nombre de Gert Doering"
<ripe-list-boun...@ripe.net en nombre de g...@space.net> escribió:

    hi,

    On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 12:33:18PM +0100, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via
ripe-list wrote:
    > 2) Not always we have "problem" (point 4, 1st p.) and thus it means a
problem statement can be acceptable for some folks and not others, so clearly
this must not be in the hands of a few (like WG chairs), but part of the
consensus. For example, sometimes (2018-04 is a good example of that), we are
adopting policy changes, or even PDP changes, because there is a need to
improve the clarify of the text and avoid different interpretations, which can
be a very bad thing.

    "there is a need to improve" is a very clear problem statement :-)

    A problem *statement* does not have to be "LIRs are starving!", but it
    defines whatever it is that is to be addressed by a policy proposal.

    For policy proposals to progress in a meaningful way, there needs to be
    some sort of common understanding on the "problem statement" aka "what is
    it that we are going to improve here, and why?" *before* a full-blown
    new policy text falls from the sky.

    If this is missing, usually people do not react in the most open and
    welcoming way to "hey, I have a new wall of text here!" ambush proposals.

    (A problem statement does not have to be "we're going to improve the
    world" class - it can be just "I, speaking for my LIR, have seen problems
    with <this>, and I think it can be improved by doing <that>" - which is
    a very clear statement on *why* things are proposed.  Then the community
    can start discussing the *how* - but "why?" needs to come first)

    Gert Doering
            -- NetMaster

    SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael
Emmer
    Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
    D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
    Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.