On 24 Mar 2021, at 17:21, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via ripe-list wrote:

I don't know if this is the same in Netherlands, but in many countries, if you (either citizen or organization) know about a possible illegal action, you must report it, otherwise may be liable of covering-up an illegal activity. …

This is a myth.

In modern legal systems the obligation to report crimes is very, very limited. Typically one must only report crimes against human life and similarly severe crimes. Very often this obligation is also limited to the time when the crime can still be prevented. Often the obligation to report can be met by informing the potential victim instead of law enforcement.

More general obligations to report crimes are one of the hallmarks of totalitarian systems.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and I do not play one on TV. I am not familiar with every jurisdiction in this solar system. ;-)

Daniel