snarlydwarf;500486 Wrote:
> Yeeks.
>
> Where'd you get the taxonomy for Mood and even Genre?
>
> As you no doubt know, random crappy genre's are ... crappy.
>
> (not sure I like all the moods, but, it's more organized than mine)

I adopted Allmusic's taxonomy almost from the outset and have stuck
with it ever since.  It's not perfect, but using '*Quod Libet*'
(http://www.sacredchao.net/quodlibet) I can generate some pretty good
playlists using a combination of Genre, Style & Mood.  I occasionally
save these playlists and translate the paths for SBS.

--
audiomuze

SIGNS OF THE TIMES:
"No doubt they're also putting their energies into developing ever-more
clever "Apps" like the deeply impressive spiffy-neato-keen Facebook
interface, which everybody knows no world-class music system should be
without."

"...the Facebook stuff (app.. ha ha ha) is just plain stupid. Whichever
Logitech manager was responsable for that should be taken outside and
shot."