I agree that getting the tags right is critical.  In theory, the file
structure is more or less irrelevant if the tags are right in the first
place -- all files from a 1000 Cd collection could be dumped in the same
folder, and all would be well, from the point of view of accessing and
playing music.  If the tags included album name, composer, artist, etc,
you could extract the original CD at any time, for instance, or build
any kind of play list easily.

Of course, if the tags AREN'T accurate, and need to be changed later,
it will be much easier to find the tracks that need to be changed if
they are organized in a file structure like my default
artist/album/track.

R.

--
RonM