divisionbell77;528783 Wrote:
> I am fed up with the thumbnails that Windows Media Player/Center uses
> when ripping my CD's. They are too low resolution and just look like
> crap.
>
> Is there a better(and free) ripper out there I should be looking at?  I
> have been doing WMA lossless, but don't care if it is FLAC.
>
> Also, is there a way to remove the attached thumbs from all the CDs I
> have ripped to my server and have another program get 'better' ones?

Not sure what you are looking for, but I have switched my upsample
chores to foobar using the Sox upconverter. I can rip and upconvert
with foobar. I think the Sox algorithm is better than SSRC that comes
with dbpoweramp. Just my opinion. I bought dbpoweramp. Its a great
ripper for album art and such. Its also accurate. foobar also has
accurate rip. Not as flexible with the tags. In my opinion you should
upconvert to 24/96 before sending it to the DAC.

--
earwaxer9

System: modified Winsome Labs Mouse, modified Maggie MMG's, Transporter,
HSU sub 12, MSB DAC to 500 watt sub slave amp, JPS labs power cords,
Silver audio interconnect, Audioquest Granite speaker cable.