DoXer;634239 Wrote:

> > JJZolx;634192 Wrote:
> > With Squeezebox Server it's generally not a good idea to
> > set ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists or compilations albums. Call it a
> > quirk.> >
>
> Please be more specific. I saw a lot of threads here in the forum,
> but I'm a little bit confused. I also using my MP3-Library with
> MediaPortal and foobar. And they are useing the TPE2/ALBUM ARTISTS.

Sorry, that should have read:

"not a good idea to set ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists *-on-* compilations
albums"

It's a bit of a long story.

When Squeezebox Server sees an ALBUMARTIST tag of 'Various Artists' it
creates an artist named 'Various Artists', the same as if you'd tagged
an album with ALBUMARTIST=U2 or similar. This artist is different than
the 'Various Artists' listed as the first artist in the artists list
(you many not see that one if all of your compilations have
ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists).

If you have a compilation album tagged without any ALBUMARTIST tag,
then Squeezebox Server creates a pseudo-artist with the name 'Various
Artists' (this name can be changed in the settings) and it places
compilations albums under that artist name. It's essentially the place
where you go to find all of your compilations. The way you've tagged
things, these albums will be found under an artist call 'Various
Artists' sorted under 'V'. That behavior in itself may not be an
inconvenience, but it can get a little confusing if you also have
compilation albums without the ALBUMARTIST tag, which would then be
found under the _other_ Various Artists.

For Squeezebox Server ALBUMARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST are equivalent.
There's an option in Settings > My Music of 'Treat TPE2 MP3 tag as
Album Artist'. When this is ticked TPE2 is also used as ALBUMARTIST.

--
JJZolx