garym said
"way back when, I did a mass RG with foobar2000 of maybe 50 or 60
thousand tracks. took a while but was easy. My only warning is that
depending on how the foobar "filter" is set, it may screw up the
compilation RG info (by not treating the compilations as an album
because of the different track artists). I forget what I did, but I was
able to pull up all my compilations by themselves, and use a different
pattern to identify to foobar what constituted an "album" and fix
those. Whatever it was was easy as I recall.

Now I add RG to all new FLAC rips (or mp3 conversions from the FLACs)
as a matter of my standard work flow as I go.... "

It would nice to know what you did w your compilation albums. In the
case which I just applied the replaygain it will not be an issue as it
is all one artist. I went thru LMA and downloaded all the Dave Alvin
tunes I do not already have. I then listened to the quality and deleted
or replaced the ones which were unacceptable. They are all in their own
folder and ARTIST and ALBUM tag is the same for all tracks. Actually 2
folders 1 acoustic and 1 electric.

aubuti said
"LMS has a nice setting called "SmartGain" that will automatically
choose track gain or album gain depending on whether the tracks in the
current playlist are from the same album or a mix from different
albums."
Thanks for this tip. I did not find the setting on the Web UI so I went
to one of my Touches and found it.

--
dasmueller