dasmueller wrote:
> Not following JJ. If I place the Cursor over the Aa icon w the down
> arrow it says quick actions. The other Aa icon gives a list; in neither
> is there a selection for new. I am running v2.49b. Will test the
> solution for duplicate track #s. I plan to also play around w
> converting-wrong term maybe, the filename to title by reversing some of
> the entries.
>
> I enjoy playing with this type of thing !
>
> And thanks for your insight/help.

in the "list" after hitting the Aa icon in ACTIONS, to the right of the
list in the popup there are lots of little icons. the first is a page
with a star, click this and you get "NEW".  Select any of the actions on
the list, and click the second icon down on the right (page with pencil)
and you can edit that ACTION.  The 3rd icon down (two pages) will allow
you to duplicate that ACTION (and give it a different name). This is
useful when you want to take an existing action and modify it but not
lose the original.

Regarding going from FILENAME to TAG (to fill in title, artist, etc.
from tag and/or subdirectory info), this works well. This is typically
done with CONVERT > Filename to Tag.  The key will be playing with the
the "map" entered at that point to map the filename info into tags (like
%title% %track% %artist%, etc.) For example, if I had a filename like:

01-DaveAlvin_Abilene.flac

I'd do Convert> filename to tag, and the mask would be:

%track%-%artist%_%title%

or if I just wanted track name from this, I'd use:

%dummy%-%dummy%_%title%

Note that I use "-" and "_" literally if they are found in the
filename. I would use "spaces" if they are actually in filename.  One
can also create tag info from the subdirectories files are in as well
(maybe picking up Artist and Album name).  I'll let you get the basic
file procedures down first.

*Location 1:* VortexBox Appliance 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify