Ok so i found the link here :
http://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.php/Permanent_symbolic_links  on
creating the link and I followed that and created a Symbolic link to the
"/volume1/music/B-52's/Odd Singles" folder to
"/volume1/music/l_Singles-B" folder.....

Navigated to l_Singles-B and hey the files showed up.......now I thought
I would add another directory so did the same mount -o command for
"/volume1/music/B.A. Robertson/Odd Singles"  to the l_Singles-B
folder.....

Navigated to l_Singles-B and "oh - the B-52's tracks have
disappeared"........am now looking round to see if I can create links to
link Multiple Source folders to Point to one.....

Any links people have found useful - please do share - appreciate the
help so far.