I have an unusual problem with an album with many medley tracks-- file
names that contain two or more different song titles played in sequence,
all within the same ripped track. I'm running a Squeezebox v. 2 with
Squeezebox Server 7.5.2, which have been running very reliably for me
for years. With this one ripped CD (in Apple Lossless, XLD rips) anytime
I try to add more than one additional song within a given track title
for this album in iTunes (Mac OS 10.6), the Squeezebox Server shows the
songs in in my Music Folder or playlist properly, but then it skips over
just the medley tracks. Tracks that contain only one sing (no medley)
play fine. If I change the title for a medley tracks to simplify and
show only the first song, the track then play fine. When I add
additional songs for the medley, with or without commas or slashes, it
skips over the track completely.

Any suggestions on how to separate the medley songs in a given track
title and still not cause a Squeeze server problem? I'd rather not
upgrade to LMS 7.7 for this one minor issue, for fear of adding other
issues with an older SB2, and having to update my firmware.

Here are examples of titles that play and don't play: (From John Benson
Brooks' Alabama Concerto--jazz). Tracks are entered or edited in iTunes,
then Squeeze Server reads the resulting Music Folder. The weirdest case
of a track that didn't play was one with no punctuation or separator at
all between the three songs---how would Squeeze have a problem? In all
cases, the tracks play fine on my Mac through iTunes--only Squeeze has a
problem with the longer medley tracks.

Will Play:

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story

1.  First Movement: (a) The Henry John Story, etc.

5.  Second Movement: The Loop (return)

6.  Third Movement: Theme- Little John Shoes

Won't Play:

1. First Movement: The Henry John Story, Green Green Rocky Road, Job's
Red Wagon

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story + Green Green Rocky Road +
Job's Red Wagon

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story/ Green Green Rocky Road/ Job's
Red Wagon

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story---Green Green Rocky
Road---Job's Red Wagon

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story * Green Green Rocky Road *
Job's Red Wagon

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story//Green Green Rocky Road// Job's
Red Wagon

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story # Green Green Rocky Road #
Job's Red

1.  First Movement: (a) The Henry John Story (b) Green Green Rocky Road
(c) Job's Red Wagon

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story] Green Green Rocky Road] Job's
Red

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story Green Rocky Road Job's Red

1.  First Movement: The Henry John Story (Green Rocky, Road Job's Red)