BJW wrote:
> yes.  I believe in stripping all sort tags out.  the behavior you
> describe is known and documented here and in bugzilla.
>
> to me, it makes sense to simply have AA tags on everything, and then if
> you want, add comp=1 tags to comps.  its simple and works with
> everything, fullproof.
IMO, the recommendation of stripping out all sort tags is throwing out
the baby with the bathwater. There's no reason why SORT tags cannot live
comfortably with AA and other tags. As slimmike28 pointed out, the
problem was traceable to having "Various Artists" in the ARTISTSORT tag
when he didn't want the artist listed under "V".

The simple and direct solution is to clean out the bogus tags, not all
sort tags. And that's the only solution for those (like me) who want
artists to display as "Firstname Lastname" but sort as "Lastname,
Firstname".