I have been systematically reviewing the tags in my library for the last
several days using MP3Tag.  My primary focus has been on the Title field
where I have found examples such as-

example 1-  The Wind cries Mary
no track number and "cries" is not capitalized

example 2-  01The Wind Cries Mary
no space between the track number and the Title name

example 3-  01 The Wind Cries Mary
the format I am correcting to w a space between the track number and the
Title name.

example 4-  T01he Wind Cries Mary
track number incorrectly entered after the 1st letter of the 1st word in
the Title name w all words capitalized.

I have noticed that the Total Tracks number has changed in the Status
Field of the Logitech Media Server Control Panel. No tracks have been
added. What would cause this to happen ? I am guessing that it is
somehow connected to how LMS reads the tags and that example 4 is where
it is happening.

Any thoughts and are there other tagging errors that could cause a
similar situation to occur ?