I realise that this isn't helpful right now, but when I ripped my 5000+
CDs I was very careful about tagging, but even now 5 years down the line
I come across errors now and again.  To an extent I don't think perfect
tagging is ever possible with a large library.  In your situation I'd
start by thinking about what tags are most important to you to get right
and how you want them to work.  For me artist is crucial and I've spent
a lot of time getting that right, especially on collaborations and
compilations.

My library is pretty good now, but the genres are a mess and I don't
think I'll ever get round to sorting that out.

http://www.stantoninnoblevelo.com