JJZolx wrote:

> But the problem you're having is almost certainly due to the COMPILATION
> tag. LMS uses it as an indicator of an album with different artists for
> the different tracks. Not a single artist's compilation album. Using it
> for the latter will cause LMS to do some odd things.
>
> I agree with the above, and would also remove 'ALBUM ARTIST' and
> 'ARTISTS', unless you have some particular program that needs them.
> They'll likely just cause confusion at some point in the future and may
> make your library a little harder to maintain.

This was definitely the case!  Kicking the COMPILATION tag to the curb
took care of it.  Mystery solved.  I'll have to do some thinking on
whether to update all of my tags and get rid of that for single-artist
complications or do something else to work around it.  Almost all of my
tagging was done using MusicBrainz/Jaikoz so all of the tags are
automatic.  But I can fine-tune them with MP3Tag as well...