I'm one of those OCD people that when I like an artist I normally buy
all their albums including "Best of" or "Hits" etc and I also have a lot
of compilation albums that include songs from these albums (although
some are single/extended versions) Now the OCD in me hates having
duplicate files so I'm wondering which is the best solution;

1. Rip the original albums and create playlists for the Best of and
compilations. My issue with this is the compilation may have a song or
two that I don't have the original album for so I'd have to do a partial
rip to have those songs.

2. Rip the original albums and the songs from the compilations I need
and create symlinks in the best of and compilation folders to the files
from the original albums.

3. Ignore my issues and rip all the albums and be done with it.

Has anyone else out there dealt with this?