DJanGo wrote:
> you should use something like *Jarrett;Garbarek*...

I have always done that, i.e. used ";" without using any a space
character before the second artist.

However, I have recently done a test which indicated that leading and
trailing space characters are stripped from the individual artists
before the data is written to the database. The same thing seems to
occur with the genre tag when there are multiple genres separated by
";".

I including a leaded and a trailing space in an artist tag "Osborne ;
Volkov ; BBC SSO". All three of these 'contributors' occur in many other
albums and tracks, without any leading or trailing space characters.
After re-scanning and checking in the "contributors" table (in
library.db) there were only single entries for "Osborne", "Volkov" and
"BBC SSO", without any leading or trailing spaces.

Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.