emalvick wrote:
> I'm not even sure you need an action.  I would just replace all ";" with
> "" (which is what MP3Tag uses as a separator when there are multiple
> entries for a field).  Actually, perhaps one does need an action to do
> that, I don't recall off hand, but if you do it's the most basic needed.

Don't you need \\ in mp3tag, rather than \? I guess the forum software
changed what you wrote as it seems to dislike \ or \\ when enclosed in
quotes!!

The Action would be quite basic, though actions do seem complicated when
people aren't used to them:

Action on menu bar
Action (right at the top of the list of optiont)
Create New (the button on the top right with a yellow star)
Give it a name, e.g. "replace_sc"
When the next window appears, Create New by clicking on the bottom on
the top right with a yellow star.
Select "Replace" from the drop down list and click on OK
Field: select "ARTIST" (or which ever tag) from the drop down list
Original: ";" (without quotes)
Replace with:  \\
Click on OK
Click on OK again
That returns you to the list of action groups.
To run the action: make sure that the new action group is ticked, and
that *only the new action group is ticked*
and click on OK

If it all goes pear shaped then use the Edit/Undo to reverse the
changes.

Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.