In Music there was a short discussion of the gear that can be used to
convert a Vinyl LP to digital formats and the do & dont's so rather than
hijack that Forum I thought I'd repost the various pieces of hardware
discussed with a few comments which people can then add to as required.

USB Turntable - only consider this if you haven't already got a
turntable.

If you have a Turntable.
Behringer UCA201 from a tape loop. This is a line level 2 way USB
soundcard that operates at 16/44 or 16/48. Virtually all Laptop/PCs
detect it as both a USB recording & USB speaker device. Powered over the
USB connection.
Behringer UFO202. This is similar to the UCA202 but can be used with a
turntable that requires a pre-amp. Its input is switchable between Line
& Phono level. Like the UCA202 it is powered via the USB connection.
This means that it can't really be used as just a pre-amp for your
Turntable as it won't have power unless connected to your Laptop/PC.
Digital recorder e.g. Roland R-05. A handheld portable device that you
would connect to the Tape Out of your amp via 2xPhono to 3.5mm jack.
This is a line level only device as far as I can tell. The Roland is no
longer made but there are similar products available e.g Tascam AR05.

Personally I use a Behringer UCA202 in one location and a Behringer
VMX200USB in another. The VMX200USB (and its baby brother VMX100USB) is
a DJ Mixer with two way USB connection - it has the adavantage of being
separetely powered. Like the UCA & UFO it will do 16/44 and 16/48.

Software
I use VinylStudio with some post FLAC processing in mp3tag
Others use Audacity which is Free but IMHO much harder work.

PI3 PCP/LMS STORAGE QNAP TS419P (NFS)
*Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng