Daverz wrote:
> I don't like the one album per work method as I prefer to keep the
> original album configuration.
>
> The simplest way with the least tagging is to fill the composer tag and
> use the 7.9 composer menu together with a controller app that has easy
> to edit playlists (like iPeng).  You have to select the tracks you want
> each time, but it's pretty quick.  No custom scan or browse menus
> needed.
>
> I do add a custom WORK tag and a custom browse menu, but the tagging is
> tedious and error prone, and you have to do a custom scan to add new
> things to the menu.

That's the easiest way to tag, yes. But not the best way to use
afterwards. It's kind of annoying, actually, if you have a large
library. My one-day experience with MultiLibrary and CustomBrowse was
quite nice - but then it broke somehow.

What I would like to have is this: Composer -> Work -> Artist & Year.
Quick and simple.

The composer menu is a good start. But now it's: Composer -> Trying to
find the work by album name or cover. Easy if it's a Beethoven symphony,
not so easy if it's a Vivaldi violin concerto. Even worse, if you're
looking for a specific recording.

Of course this tagging is a bit more error prone. But it's the only way
if you have a larger collection that you really want to use. And it's
only one (work) or, my preference, two (work & recording) tags more.

> and you have to do a custom scan to add new things to the menu.

This is why I would love to see native support for these two tags!

LMS 7.9.1@1.02 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4