RonM wrote:
> I've been recently ripping and then processing some music with two CDs
> in the set (most recently Martin Simpson's Rooted).
>
> I use MP3 Tag to do the processing, and it allows me to specify a CD
> sequence, e.g. 1 and 2 or 1/2 and 2/2. Unfortunately this appears to
> have no impact on LMS's presentation of the CDs, and I get a track list
> jumbled together, with tracks 1 from the two CDs presented one after the
> other, and the same with the tracks 2, 3, 4 and so on.
>
> I'd like them to be either presented separately, or, better, presented
> one after the other, i.e. all from CD1 followed by all from CD2.
>
> Is there a way to do this, other than labelling the two CDs as separate
> titles, e.g. Rooted CD1 and Rooted CD2?
>
> R.

Make sure your ALBUM name is exactly the same for both disks. Also make
sure that the disk numbering tags are identical (1 or 2 vs 1/2 and 2/2 -
one being 1 and the other being 2/2 may be a problem).  In mp3tag, load
up both disks and select all and choose "extended tags" to make sure you
have all the same tags with same names where appropriate. I've had some
issues in the past with stray totaldisc tag, etc.

I have lots of multidisk CDs and they pay in proper order with all
tracks from disk 1, then disk 2, etc. so long as I follow this metadata
strategy.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify