To provide another option; I use the compilation tag for recordings that
are either;
- from different artists (I leave album artist blank)
- from same artist (for example Beatles 1) where the recording is like a
best of album (I tag album artist as Beatles). That way, the album shows
up under Beatles as well as under compilations.

The great thing about LMS and tagging is that you have options and can
select what is best for you. Regarding compilations I prefer to stick
closely to the wikipedia definition;

A compilation album comprises tracks, which may be previously released
or unreleased, usually from several separate recordings by either one or
several performers. If by one artist, then generally the tracks were not
originally intended for release together as a single work, but may be
collected together as a greatest hits album or box set. If from several
performers, there may be a theme, topic, time period, or genre which
links the tracks, or they may have been intended for release as a single
work—such as a tribute album. When the tracks are by the same recording
artist, the album may be referred to as a retrospective album or an
anthology.

Living: EtherRegen -> Ultrarendu -> Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2
-> ATC SCM19 v2 & Sennheiser HD650
Kitchen: SB Touch -> Audio Pro Addon T10 gen2
Kids rooms: SB Booms
Bedroom: SB Boom & SB Radio
Controls: iPeng, Material Skin & LMS via internet
Server: Windows 10 Pro with LMS 7.9.3
Spare: 2 SB Touch, 1 SB3, 2 SB Radio