I'm trying to set up a custom-convert.conf rule to transcode all ALAC to
FLAC for one specific player.  This is related to my recent post in the
DAC32 thread.

I'm running the Dockerized official LMS, Logitech Media Server Version:
8.1.2 - 1619728303 @ Fri Apr 30 00:34:35 CEST 2021

Here's my custom-convert.conf, which I pretty much lifted entirely from
the alac->flac config in convert.conf:

Code:
--------------------
    alc flc * 7c:9e:bd:28:dd:c4
  # FT:{START=-j %s}U:{END=-e %u}D:{RESAMPLE=-r %d}
  [faad] -q -w -f 1 $START$ $END$ $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0
$RESAMPLE$ -
--------------------

which is included in LMS via this docker argument:

Code:
--------------------
    -v config/custom-convert.conf:/lms/custom-convert.conf:rw
--------------------

convert.conf is factory stock.

With the above custom-convert.conf in place, LMS doesn't seem to match
on it and files don't seem to be transcoded.  I can see in the File
Types settings that an additional FLAC method is added to the Apple
Lossless section, so I know that LMS is seeing the configuration.

I understand that more specific rules take precedence over less specific
rules.

Does custom-convert.conf take precedence over convert.conf?

Attached are logs from player.source.

|Filename: custom-convert-player-source.log.txt.gz                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34617|