David Klann <dkl...@linux.com> wrote:
> The root cause of the problem was that Debian had kindly configured /tmp
> as a RAM file system (tmpfs) and the file system size was only 790MB.
> rdxport.cgi ran out of disk space in /tmp but did not "fail gracefully"
> on receiving the ENOSPC error when writing (for example)
> /tmp/rdaudioconvertbakGAJ/signed32_2.wav.

I recently read through the code for rdimport (for different reasons!),
and was wondering if this use of temporary disk space could be avoided by
pipe-lining the intermediate conversion? As a by-product it would also run
faster on a multi-core machine :) It's adding thread complexity however...

Phil.