On 02/07/2012 08:18 AM, Bill Putney wrote:
> Can someone help me out with an RRAbuntu MySQL password issue?
>
> When I put "mysql -u root -p mysql"
> The system replies with "PASSWORD:"
>
> Then I'm stuck. I'm trying to replace the hostname localhost with % on
> the server so the clients can access the sever copy of MySQL. I've
> already changed the bind address to 0.0.0.0 from 127.0.0.1.
>
> Thanks, Bill Putney - KPTZ Port Townsend, WA

I think what you want to do is just
   mysql -u root -p
then enter the password when prompted.  YLooking at that command line,
I'd expect mysql to be interpreting "mysql" as the password you're
trying to pass.  If that's the case you shoud probably come up with a
more secure password.  I suspect rather you're trying to pass the name
of the database to use.  If that's the case, after you enter the
password, issue the command
   USE mysql;

It's been ages since I played w/mysql so  maybe I'm crossing some wires,
but I think that should get you going...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska