I am moving to a college campus so in no way can I host Rivendell on my
campus computer, which was my original intention. Their policies forbid
that. So the setup is like this:

Computer #1 located off-campus with a dynamic IP registered as
wrrj.org(and updated with an update client): This is the server. It
hosts the
Rivendell database and music library. It also runs rdairplay most of the
time. It send the audio from rivendell to an internet stream via. JACK and
darkice.

Computer #2 located on the college campus has a dynamic IP and is
registered with the domain wright.edu. This is a client computer which I
will use to access the rivendell server to manipulate the music library and
to control rdairplay for live shows (by using rmlsend to stop rdairplay on
the server and then using rdairplay on the client computer. This set up is
actually interesting because even though the two rdairplays do not match
each other with logs, whatever I play on the client rdairplay also plays on
the server rdairplay... audio only that is so I can't control the logs on
the server rdairplay.)

The music library on the server computer has an nfs filesystem which will
allow the client computer to mount it on the client computer to manipulate.

The server computer does not have a sound card, neither does my streaming
provider support more than one source at the same time... therefore when I
do live shows I will have two skype accounts, and the client and server
will be in a call with each other, and the audio on the server skype will
go through the internet stream... and the audio from Rivendell (playing
live) on the server will go through skype to the client computer.