Just watch your syntax when you do your ST! commands. I've screwed up my
air chain before by not making sure my numbers are in the right places.
 Rivendell will see your individual livewire streams/sources/multicast IP
group as their respective channel numbers when it's acting as a switcher.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Fred Gleason <fr...@paravelsystems.com>wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2012, at 17:39 56, Guy Curtis wrote:
>
> > Will Rivendell control Axia Router Switcher TEL-200100134 through Axia
> Livewire tech to route the audio and how would one go about  doing it.
>
> Yes.  Rivendell can control any Livewire device that implements the
> Livewire Routing Control Protocol (which protocol, as per Axia specs, all
> Livewire-complaint devices are required to do).  It does so in the usual
> Rivendell manner --i.e. by means of the included Switcher/GPIO driver
> configured in RDAdmin->ManageHosts->Switcher/GPIO.  In effect, Rivendell
> sees the entire Livewire network a single giant crosspoint router, each
> crosspoint of which can be controlled via RML and/or RDCatch.
>

> > With regards to the audio drivers with said equipment:
> > Axia offers a single I/O driver or multi-I/O driver, would be be able to
> run rivendell using the single I/O driver if we have multiple cards feeding
> all audio into a single seperate card?
>
> You have a couple of options here:  a 'software only' ALSA driver that
> provides 8 stereo channels in/out, or a card made by AudioScience (the
> ASI6585) that likewise provides 8 stereo channels in/out, along with all of
> the added goodies (timescaling support, hardware MPEG acceleration)
> provided by ASI 6xxx cards.  As of this writing, there is no 'single
> channel' I/O driver for ALSA.

I've still had no luck getting 6585 cards working for anything but software
that uses the hpklinux driver (biggest stink: I want to use a Livewire
channel as a source for Icecast via Darkice or similar, which uses Alsa,
OSS, or Jack.)

<shameless commercial plug> Both of the above items are available from
> Paravel Systems </shameless commercial plug>.
>

> > When using sound panel does it just put item into list or overlay the
> audio how does it work to do this?
>
> Rivendell treats each Livewire stream it generates just like a physical
> output on a traditional audio card.  Thus, one can configure the system to
> mix all SoundPanel outputs into a single output stream (which can then be
> mapped to the Axia Router Switcher, or any other Livewire device), or send
> them to separate streams, or any combination thereof.  The user has full
> control.
>
> Cheers!
>

> |-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> | Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |               Chief Developer               |
> |                           |               Paravel Systems               |
> |-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> |          A room without books is like a body without a soul.            |
> |                                         -- Cicero                       |
> |-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Chris Cmolik
Chief Engineer, WITR Radio
<engin...@witr.rit.edu>
32 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, New York 14623
Mobile: 585.210.8252
WITR Office: 585.475.2000

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:* The information transmitted, including attachments,
is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.