One thing I don't get about Myriad's layout is why so much real estate is
devoted to the width of the NOW, NEXT and LATER events, as well as the width of
the log in the lower part of the screen. With the absence of any text or useful
info, that's an awful lot of "white space" going unused.

I get it if the design is going for a 'comfort factor' by emulating the spacing
found on paper logs of yore. But broadcasters who have come in over the past 10
years have likely never worked with hardcopy logs and would not see the
parallel.

Although I *do* admit I like the ability to color-code the background on
certain events, as well as assign icons to them (Music, Time, etc). I saw RCS
do this more than a decade ago, but their icons were extremely cartooney. The
ones used by Myriad are just subtle enough to be understood without being
visually intrusive.

Just putting in my .02 milliwatts...

-ap