From: rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org on behalf of Nathan Steele
Sent: Mon 06/08/2012 22:03
To: User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System
Subject: Re: [RDD] Dayparting

Thanks, I suspected that was the answer.
  Not that the storage will be a problem, but this will actually make a
second copy of the audio in /var/snd, right? or will it just make a
symlink (is that the right term......?)

Nathaniel C. Steele
Assistant Chief Engineer/Technical Director
WTRM-FM / TheCrossFM

On 8/6/2012 4:59 PM, Geoff Barkman wrote:
> The daypart times can't pass midnight.
> What I would do is duplicate the cut inside the cart.
> Its very easy hit the copy button inside the cart ... then hit the Add
> button and then Paste button to paste the cut into the new cut
> position.
> Make one cut play between 00:00:00 and 18:00:00
> and the other 21:00:00 and 23:59:59
>
> Many Thanks
> Geoff Barkman
>
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Nathan Steele
> <nathan.ste...@thecrossfm.com> wrote:
>> I have some cuts I don't want to air during particular shows, these have
>> the announcers voice and we don't want them to air during their on air
>> shift. for example on shift is 6pm -9pm. in the cut settings, daypart i
>> put start time as 21:00:00 and end time as 18:00:00. the cut showed red
>> even though it should have been allowed to play at the time. I reversed
>> the times and it stayed red, which seemed correct because current time
>> was not between those times. What am I doing wrong? can I not Span the
>> day like that?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Nathaniel C. Steele
>> Assistant Chief Engineer/Technical Director
>> WTRM-FM / TheCrossFM

#######################
Scanned by MailMarshal
#######################

############

Attention:

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended
for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error
or there are any problems, please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. Christian Vision or any of its subsidiaries will
not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party
or as a result of any virus being passed on. Please note that we reserve
the right to monitor and read any e-mails sent or received by the
company under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice)
(Interception of Communications) Regulation 2000. Christian Vision is
registered in England as a limited company 2842414 and as a charity
1031031