On Tuesday 23 October 2012 04:10:10 am James Harrison wrote:
> Since most outside broadcasts want talkback functionality anyway, I want
> to implement firewall/NAT tunneling to get around the same problem on
> the transmitter end (because you need an audio link from RX to TX for
> talkback), which essentially involves the transmitter punching a tunnel
> to the receiver that the receiver then passes audio over.

 ssh
 Read up on the -L option. ( port redirection )
 You can send most anything via the encrypted channel, both ways,
 and need only one open port on one end to initiate the connection.
 I use it all the time for other purposes.

 You don't even need a static IP, but you do need a domain name
 that can track dynamic DNS in that case.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Any philosophy that can be put in a nutshell belongs there.
                -- Sydney J. Harris