One feature I especially like in Rivendell is the ability to change the
background image in RDAirplay and RDPanel. My home machines have a very
'60's-influenced tie-dye appearance on each.

Here at work, we have RRAbuntu loaded on a Celeron box and stuffed inside an
old floor radio cabinet in our lobby, playing round-the-clock Christmas tunes
for the office staff and visitors. And even though a monitor screen isn't
visible to anyone, it is still deserving of a fresh holiday theme.

See it at http://www.flickr.com/photos/alpetersonshow/8226123763/lightbox/

See HOW to do it at  http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Images,_logos_and_icons