They come from our AMR-100 ( http://www.amb-os.com/ambos.html ) which is an SFTP receiver. the program amb-ux transfers them from the amr-100 to /var/amb-ux. I have contacted the person who wrote amb-ux to find out more about how often the files are transferred and whether they are one a day or will always come in a group....

Nathaniel C. Steele
Assistant Chief Engineer/Technical Director
WTRM-FM / TheCrossFM